Saturday, September 18, 2010

Quilt challenge cont

I definitely have been watching "Say Yes to the Dress" way too much. This is the only explanation I have for conjuring up two circles in whites . I did not get documente the first circle.
I layered heavy netting on top of a spokes of sequins The center is 3mm sequins then padded pearl cotton surrounded by 8mm fluted sequins.


Circle II -- I drew my design then pinned the lace over the it. Using the tambour hook I stitched around the area I wanted to remain and cut the rest away. I then stitched around the area again to secure it and clean up the loose ends. I sewed tiny crystal beads over the spots on the lace. 


The design in the center was toooo complicated so I simplified it and stitched it in a variety of threads and ribbon. Here is the finished circle.


2 comments:

  1. Oooohhhh!! Shirlee it is coming along beautifully. TDF! You must be having so much fun!

    ReplyDelete