Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Embroidered Jacket


I finished sewing and fitting the jacket and it's not too bad...  I only look like a teenage polar bear in it not a giant mama polar bear.
As with everything lately I am flying by the seat of my pants.  Now I have to figure out how to finish the raw edges. 
Last week I found some cream yarn that was a good color match. Using one strand of it in a #16 chenille needle I sewed all around the edges finishing it nicely.  Added a mother of pearl button and it is done.
My inspiration for the project was a lovely vintage "never used" white wool blanket I purchased at my church fair In Dec of 2012 for $8.00. I felted the blanket and "saw" a jacket in the fabric. The gown below was the inspiration for the embroidery.

2 comments:

  1. That is utterly stunning! The shape of the jacket is so elegant and the embroidery really enhances it! I really love the hand stitched edging as well. What an amazing result from a blanket. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just added your blog in for the GYB party-
    Vicki

    ReplyDelete