Thursday, November 1, 2012

My Ravel

I have been working on my new project.  A smaller wall hanging about 36" wide by 45 or so long.  Tentatively there will be 3 staggered rectangles of lace over lame... one turquoise, one fuchsia, and one purple on a cream embossed satin.  Circles of varying sizes will be cut out of the lace and embroidered ones inserted.  

















The motif will be the following design (not quite done).
It will appearing in each rectangle and be in 3 different colors and sizes .





















The circles will be flower designs from French 18th century
 textiles.


















The first circle I completed is about 7 inches in diameter.
I used raffia and silk ribbon which I ruffled.  I used small green and yellow marquise shaped sew-ons.   I got the sew-ons last year at Tinsel Trader in NYC and have been dying to use them.  I sewed them on with tiny (size 18) beads. 



















I used the Tambour hook to apply all the beads, sequins, and the green metallic thread.  I also use it to attach the pinkish  size 15 beads and 3mm sequins vermichelli fashion on the right hand flower.  The stem is chenille.


I was also busy trying to prepair for the big storm... if that is even possible.  
Last year at this time we were without power for 7 days.  No heat, electricity, no stitching and I was whining loudly. 
The destruction that struck the NY, NJ, CT and on into PA and W. Virginia is just astoundingly horrible.  My thoughts and prayers are with those who lost so much and will be suffering for months and years to come.  I count my blessings.

1 comment:

elmsley rose said...

It looks lovely already - I'm looking forward to seeing the lace backing with the circles in place.