Sunday, April 10, 2011

Crazy Quilt Adventure

And so... it ends so quickly after waiting soooooo long for it  to begin!!!!!
Sharon Boggins three day class April 3,4,and 5 and the Adventure in Crazy Quilting
April 7,8,9,and 10.   

Every day there was a goodies waiting in your place in the classroom.
This is an example of one of the motif swaps... Thank you Gerry!!!  A beautiful hand painted vintage pearl button.


here's my name tag


Exhaustion prevails!!!  It was an honor to be in the presence of and learn so much from these great teachers...To name very few of the things we did-- how to stack a seam treatment, make some great flowers, and paint on velvet!!                                                                                                             
Yippee and hats off to, Sharon Boggons, Betty Pillsbury and Allie Aller.                                     

And of course a big THANK YOU to the mover and shaker.. great organizer, gracious and generous hostess the one and only Maureen Greeson.                                                
We think she is gonna organize another Adventure next year so don't make any plans for April 2012!!
P.S. I even got up in front of these gals and gave a mini talk on me me me (ha ha)..   Susan Elliott took loads of pictures of my new crazy art quilt and I am waiting with baited breath to see them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  

8 comments:

  1. I will definitely go 2012. I couldn't this year because I'm going to California for a seminar in fabric collage with Rosemary Eichorn on April 15th. I love your nametag.
    Gita

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great class...and it was fun meeting you in person. Keep blogging so I can keep up with you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I am so thrilled to hear that there may be another gathering next April!! I will definately put aside the time! I ahve been following Susan's preps for so long and wishing that I had signed up!! What wonderful treasures you gathered. Gerry's buttons are stunning!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Elizabeth I have taked to Maureen and I want to claify that I said I THINK she will organize another Adventure next year 2012.... We will have to wait and see what her decision is!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so there if there is one next year!!!
    I too am waiting with baited breath for Susans pictures! I can't wait to see what you all were up to!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Shirlee
    it was so nice to meet you in personn and to talk about Lesage and the french 's bad attitude. But most of all I've loved to see your work
    Amities
    Jocelyne, http://jocelynecrazyneedles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Shirleeeeeee! I can't tell you how much fun it was meeting you and seeing your beautiful creations! Your work blew me away! I've got my fingers crossed that we will all get to meet up again next year and look forward maybe to meeting up with you for an adventure at Brimfield in September. Can't wait to see more on your blog!

    Big hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Shirlee, it was a totally wonderful event. Loved meeting you and seeing your incredible work...hope we will meet again soon!

    ReplyDelete