Thursday, January 20, 2011

Returning to my Crazy Art Quilting

I am a crazy quilter at heart but I have been seduced by the tambour hook and all the shinny sequins and beads etc. I am attempting a crazy art quilt. I started it before Christmas and was interrupted by life and other projects. I am working on it again and have two corner pieces done. They each a triangle measuring 21 x 21 x 30 inches. They are facing one another... and I have not removed them from my slate frame or cut them apart yet. As you might notice the center circle ( where I got my header on the blog) will be repeated in each corner and the flower detail will be in the two lower corners of each corner triangle.

I love feathers also... Hard to find the right kind for the idea!!
Well I have a drawing for the center will be starting that next.



12 comments:

  1. Wow! Your work is magnificent. Where did you learn this technique? I love to use beads in my crazy quilting but I've never done anything like yours. I'd love to learn how to use this hook. Gita

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful!!! It's coming along so well. I hope you'll bring it with you Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh! Absolutely beautiful! (and I don't actually like CQ, but this is gorgeous).

    Ebay sells all sorts of obscure and lovely feathers in a few of it's shops, if you haven't looked there. Etsy might have some too (under "Supplies") that might be cheaper.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Shirlee! It's fabulous@@@!!!! When I first opened your post today, I literally squealed in delight! This piece is just stunning. You are very gifted, my lady, and I am so absolutely thrilled to see your juices flowing!!! Love it! I cannot wait to see what you do next...I'm on the edge of my seat to see that center piece. Wish you lived closer...can you do one circle as a sampler and come down to teach my guild how to use the hook???

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunningly beautiful! You must do a book, so we can all learn your techniques. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Shirlee, your work is beautiful. Mary Ellen

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow, i'm so interested in learning tambour beading...I can't believe it took me so long to find your blog posts...they are so inspiring! now to track down where to buy a tambour hook in Tasmania...

    (not much hope there)


    Thanks !
    Allison

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, I just happened on these posts through Nicki Lee's blog. This is incredibly lovely work that I've not seen the likes of before. Are you, by any chance coming to the Crazy Quilt Adventure in Connecticut in April???
    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your circles are incredibly inspirational! I think that circles are calling me. Thursday, I sat in a conference room during a meeting and daydreamed about getting home to start stitching something in circles. Last night I found another artist with awesome circles in multimedia. Tonight, I have found your beautiful work. It's destiny! I just started a blog a week ago. I'm a total newbie. Visit me at: http://crazykindredspirits.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. I do apologize, but can you tell me where to get these hooks? Everywhere I've looked says out of stock?

    ReplyDelete