Thursday, June 14, 2018

Tidal Pool / Kreinik  Challenge 

The fan is completed just have to finish off the back and put my name on it before I send it to the San Francisco School of Needlework & Design for the Stitch-at-Home Challenge BURLESQUE!  
 
I received an envelope filled with Kreinik threads.  The unruly tassel was made from the leftovers after I stitched the design.





The part I like the best is the piece of material? lace? I covered with buttonhole stitch.  I took the first pictures on the piece I have left.  I probably no will use this again in another project. 

14 comments:

  1. Very cool. The colors are so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OTT beauty!
    The thread even add sparkle to the tiny buttons.
    Good luck in the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woo hoo! This is an incredible finish and so fitting for the burlesque theme. I'm sure both Kreinik and the SFSND will be thrilled to see it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! That is fascinating to look at, especially the way you covered the fabric lace and incorporated it into the design.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shirlee your fan is just delightful and your stitches are exquisite! Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, that is amazing! So much work went into this I love what you did with the lace, using the buttonhole stitch.

    FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is stunning! Can't wait to see it in person when I visit SNAD!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How Exquisite. Lovely stitches, colors and embellishments. Also thank you for the comment you left on my blog. Blogger has not yet worked out all the bugs so you and everyone who commented on my post came up as a no reply blogger. AARRGGH I hope they work this out soon.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love everything about it! Especially the freeform style ... and that's exactly my style of tassel! I'm sure you'll place very well in the Challenge! Good Luck.
    Alysen

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow Shirley what beautiful work well done my friend xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow Shirlee your work is amazing this piece is stunning,well done my friend xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. This fan is absolutely gorgeous! Buttonholes in different shades/colors adds beauty to that simple lace.Such a lovely idea!

    ReplyDelete