Saturday, May 5, 2018

Cock-A-Doodle-Doo



I have been waiting for the summer issue of 
to come out before I blogged much more about the wall hanging I made for my niece for Christmas. It is featured in the  magazine.
*{you can order your copy by clicking on this link}

Each of the nine large hexagons has a rooster button hence the name Cock-a-doodle-doo.  I added the center hexagon of yellow velvet with French knots to each for continuity. 










Smaller Hexagons



  

the back

Pipping, white rickrack trim, and beading around the front edges.   
All the green beads and yellow thread were applied with a Tambour hook. (The white organza had the design of white threads on it and I outlined them in the yellow.)

The quilt is in its forever home and is well loved!


10 comments:

  1. Fabulous work! The colors, embroidery, and beading are magnificent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! Your work is exquisite, it's no wonder it is in the magazine and well loved by the recipient. Thanks for sharing.

    FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete
  3. What happy Sunny colors! Your niece is a lucky girl to own such a lovely quilt. Your work is stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Shirlee, I am sure it is well loved! It is simply beautiful.... I love all the details your have added.... just wonderful! Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely beautiful work! Congratulations on making the CQ Quarterly cover!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, what a delightful quilt! So many details to look at and such neat stitching. The perfect Cover Page quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Of course that quilt will be well loved in the new home - it's too special not to be! I love what you did with a quilt that was nearing the end of life - too bad there aren't more people willing to undertake doing the same thing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful! So many interesting details!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Shirlee,
    I am a follower now of your blog,too :o)
    I think I have to try hexagons-Embroidery like this one day.
    Hugs Doris :o)

    ReplyDelete