Saturday, August 29, 2015

My latest project is a vase of flowers for a church altar.
It measures 22" by 30".
I used the techniques I learned at the Ecole Lesage to apply the sequins and beads. Each flower is an applique ... that is they are embroidered on silk organza first then cut out and sewn to the background.
closeup - sorry this is not rotated!!


It is not done yet.  The  blue flower in the center is missing its center which I have completed but somehow lost.  Also more leaves and two side panels which are still in my head!!

5 comments:

Christine Barnsley said...

Wow Shirlee, this is just fabulous! Christine x

Magpie's Mumblings said...

As Christine said - fabulous! These flowers would look incredible on a crazy quilt project too (but I'm sure you know that already).

Anne Livingston said...

Lucky church!

Sarah Sequins said...

Absolutely gorgeous. Well done, Shirlee!

underatopazsky said...

That's simply stunning!