Sunday, December 28, 2014

I joined the CQJP2015 project in an attempt to get back to at least a flavor of crazy quilting in my work. Each month I will make a 8" Crazy quilt circle using a mother of pearl button as a focal point. 

I have been watching  Gerry Krueger's blog and have been inspired watching her as she made her 8"squares and assembled her materials for CQJP2015 .  
I love this suitcase that a friend gave me.  She took it to college with her in 1962. I like to use it when I start a project to keep all the fabrics I think I might use together.  

I also gathered "some"  laces, trims, and of course feathers etc to have on hand.

I love crazy quilting but I love tambour work more.  My background will be black organza that I will layer with other fabrics and laces.
I have not shown you the sequins and beads that are overflowing their respective containers.

I have been experimenting and trying to get the CQ feel.

Have to wait until later in January for before the unveiling the first Circle of 2015.
Hoping you all had a wonderful Holiday and wishing you all a very Happy New Year!!

8 comments:

  1. The mother of pearl pieces look gorgeous - great focal point for CQ projects for sure. I'm looking forward to seeing what you do with them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the mother of pearl also... You must do a butterfly on one of yours like the one you sent me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I adore mother of pearl, its a wonderful focal point at any timed.
    Will you piece the circles onto a backing or have them as individual pieces?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking forward to seeing your beautiful work on CQJP 2105. I am in it also and enjoy seeing so many talented ladies work. ox

    ReplyDelete
  5. so excited to see so many in the challenge...I am from texas and look forward to seeing what you do with all the beauties you showed!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You could have just sewn the things as arranged in your photos and had a pretty crazy quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's all looking very exciting! Best wishes for a very happy and creative new year!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You got me all excited showing those wonderful ingredients. I can't wait to see what you make!!!

    ReplyDelete