Friday, February 8, 2013

After spinning my wheels for a couple of weeks and cleaning out my sewing room and and and I finally finished a couple of circles I sort of liked.




I also have been working on the motifs for the other two panels.  These travel easily when stitching with friends.


I also wanted to share my needle index book with you as I linked to Susan Elliots Plays with Needles.
I first got this in early 2002 when I took a class from Jane Nicholas.  The class supply list required 10 different needles.  I bought a large package of assorted John James needles and a needle index created by the Valley Quail Chapter of the EGA in Walnut Creek, CA.  I filled it for the class and have never stopped using it.  I love it.



I add a page in the back to honor my broken and very bent needles.

2 comments:

Susan Elliott said...

Your work brings such a big smile to my face. It's so happy and LOVELY and wonderful. It makes me want to photograph it ;o)

I like your added page at the back of your needle book. Maybe we should both found the Bent Beading Needle Society. Much love and thanks for playing! Susan

Joann Loos said...

I love your work! I haven't done any embroidery for a long time since I've been focusing on beadwork.

BTW, I have a needlecase I inherited from my grandmother. It seems to have every needle ever invented.